Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Tired but Inspired


Tired but Inspired


As I meet my new students, new adventures flow through my mind, new challenges arise, but my passion for teaching stays as strong as the first day I began. Now do not get me wrong, every year my body reminds me how old I am, because the more I add to my daily duties, the more tired I am. The overwhelming feelings of a new year can try to bring me down and make me weary, but then I think about my purpose and focus on my role: to love, to care, and foster an inquiry-based environment, leading students to investigate and discover their talents leading to endless possibilities within their education. You might be asking yourself, "How do I stay focused on my purpose in the midst of tiring days?"

Set your goal/intentions for the year and plan the steps to make it attainable. 

It's a new school year with a new group of students, find the key that will unlock their love for learning. The key is your goal for the year! This will remind you/take you back to your "Why?". Now hold those positive thoughts and take some of these steps to keep you inspired:

1. Read a book on a new strategy you may want to try in your classroom.
2. Find a workshop or conference to enhance your practice. New learning can help put our practice into perspective and give us a push to keep us on track.
3. Peer Observations/Go on a Spotlight Visit- I love that we, as teachers, have different styles in our vocation, yet our purpose is closely related. If you think about it, we are all Spotlight Teachers; we are all in the public eye to provide our students with the best instruction. We can all open our doors and learn from one another.
4. Find something you love to teach and add it within the curriculum. For example, I have always enjoyed a good read aloud; therefore I will find a book connected to a Big Idea that is also tied to positive characteristics. As I read and discuss parts of the story, students are engaged and fully involved in the inquiry process to make connections in their learning. After a long day, this part will always bring a smile my way.

"We can do this. We're Educators. We're born to make a difference. ~Rita Pierson

Remember, as you go through some of these experiences you will pick up new ideas and begin/continue to share your personal practice. You may still be tired throughout your days, but now you will look forward to the new adventures that come your way. You will realize it is essential to embrace and find value in new learning. Do not let the flame of  your passion begin to dim, because eventually it will burn out. Instead let's reignite the flame to light up the path for one another and, more importantly, for our students. Let your light shine and make way for a brighter future.



                                                      Live, Love, Teach
Hilda Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts