Thursday, December 19, 2019

The Season of Gratitude


            As we come into the holiday season, it is essential to acknowledge, and thank those around us who make us better and happier people. Since we spend so much of our time at school, I always feel like it is our second family. There are many people in my professional life that show support in many different ways. This year I am grateful to the people who are always there, as well as the new friends and colleagues that have been wonderful and supportive.
 
  1.  I am grateful for the hilarious friends I have on campus because without talking to them every single day; I am not sure what I would do without them. They are an ear to listen to my worries, run teaching strategies by, and they are always there for a good laugh (The best kind of laugh too, where your stomach hurts from laughing so hard). They are the adult interaction I need to be around to stay positive.

  1. My students are the sweetest and kindest group of kids to be around. They make work    not seem like work at all. I    chose to switch grade levels this year, and I am so lucky to be the person to teach them. The kids are indeed a fantastic group.

  1.  My team this year has been so welcoming and supportive. They are always sure to include me and keep me up to speed on the routines they do as a grade level. They make me laugh, and they share and plan together. Again they made the change of moving grade levels into the positive experience that I was seeking professionally.

  1. Last but not least, the ladies in the front office and our custodians are hardworking and amazing. They are so helpful and very willing to help colleagues and me. It must be hard to deal with so many demands, but they can pull off running the school.  

 The holiday season is a cheerful time, but it can be a sad time for many people, so I think it is essential to share all the good that others do because you never know who needs to hear it. Our school families need to be appreciated, so make sure to let the people around you know that you are lucky to have them in your life; the holiday season is the perfect time to bring warmth and happiness.   I will be letting all of these people know the positive impact they have on my life.


Diana Eberle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts