Friday, November 2, 2018

Ding-Dong!





When I get visitors to my kindergarten classroom, the number one question I get is "what is that you're wearing?"

My answer is, "it's the best $14 I've spent for  my classroom!"

Introducing the wireless doorbell!




"A good teacher, like a good entertainer first must hold his audience's attention, then he can teach his lesson."  John Henrik Clarke

This idea came  to  me a few years ago from a blog I follow.  I thought it was genius!  Having been a kindergarten teacher for numerous years, I have a plethora of loud attention-getters strategically placed around my room. But this one a I could wear and access from anywhere in the room. 


The one I bought  at Wal-Mart was $14.  The  chime is plugged into an outlet (see left) and I hot-glued a clothespin on  the remote  so I could clip it on me.  This wireless doorbell has 5 different chimes, so I can  change it up over the  year.   As with anything,  the novelty can wear off.  When that happens,  we review what is expected (no claps,  no call-backs, just freeze and look at the teacher). Or, I will change the chime.

This genius hack has helped me manage my classroom. The kids love it, and it  is extremely  convenient!


Happy and Positive Teaching!
Erin Grebel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts