Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Let's Talk About Math





Let’s Talk About MATH!
Eureka, we’ve found it!  How do we take our adopted materials and make them more engaging?  How do we find out what kids really know about math?  How do I teach math when I don’t really like it?  Keep reading!

math title.jpg
Like crayons in a box, we are all a little different.  As teachers, we all bring different strengths and passions to the table.  Me?  I’m SUPER passionate about math and the teaching of math.  It’s my absolute favorite subject to teach during the school day.  Confession: I LOVE fractions, I’m not going to lie!   

Some of you just read that, and now we’re going to be math BFF’s.   Or, just maybe you and I are on opposite sides of the fraction-love spectrum, because you think I may be nuts.  Perhaps the mere thought of teaching math terrifies you and makes your palms sweat.  In any case, I like you, I love that you’re here, and I’m itching to help.  

I love this video so much.  I think we can all relate to having one (or more) of “these” moments in our teaching, am I right?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdxEAt91D7k

Each month, my goal is to provide practical tips and strategies to enhance how students engage with math, increase student understanding of the content, to plan more efficiently in order to teach more effectively, and/or other ideas like collaboration and writing, but with a math spin on it.  


I am super excited about taking this journey through math instruction this year, and I hope you decide to join me!   Next month, let’s talk about “Math Talk.”  In other words, how do we get the students talking about what they’re doing in math?  Stay tuned, and check back in a few weeks to find out!  Interested in what you hear on this blog?  Come in for a Spotlight Visit!  I’d love to meet you.  
Sabpic.jpgMathematically yours,
Sabrina Blake





No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts