Tuesday, May 12, 2020

End of the Year Evaluations

It's that time of the year when we say our farewells and hope our students take all of their knowledge with them. For me it's also time to reflect on my craft. How can I improve my instruction? What went well and what didn't go as planned?                              
Bitmoji Image


In addition to that, I want to know how my students felt. Did I make learning purposeful and fun? In order to get these answers, who else but my students to ask? Since the school year is over and grades are submitted, it opens up the door to non-biased answers. To receive my feedback this year I created a Google Form for my students to provide their input. I usually do this on the last day of school and allow them class time for them to complete it. I love seeing how responsible and prideful it makes them when they realize that their input is valued. I emphasize how this might alter my classroom and teaching next year because of their feedback. Talk about empowering them.

I divide my end of the year evaluation into three sections. The first is their name. This helps me understand some of the data. The second is a self-reflection. I want my students to reflect on themselves. What they did great and what they can improve in the following grade level. Finally is the class evaluation. This lets me know what I can improve or what to keep. This year some of the feedback has started flowing in and I'm on that roller coaster of emotions. Some feedback is making me tear up while some is making me laugh.

Click here for Google Form: Don't forget to add your Bitmoji Banner!♥️
As you end your year, I hope this evaluation form helps you wrap-up your year by allowing both your students and yourself reflect on 2019-2020 academic year.                                                                                                                                                                             



Learning & Growing,

Nancy Vargas
nancy.vargas@omsd.net 
Feel free to contact me with any further questions😊

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas throughout the year. I wish I could be a student in your class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is a wonderful way to convey to your students just how valuable their opinions are and how important it is to take time to reflect. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Posts