Sunday, March 15, 2020

Distance Learning

Distance Learning



 Whoa, what a week we teachers have had! We made it through a time change, full moon, Friday the 13th, and a global pandemic. I don't know about you, but last week was exhausting for me. I am thankful for a much needed weekend off to rest and recoup. Now as I prepare for weeks of distance learning, I find myself in uncharted waters like so many of you.   


The good news is that we are not alone.  I am in awe of how educators around the country have been sharing resources to help teachers they don’t even know.  I thought I would share some of the great things I have learned in the past two days.  


Starting Wednesday, March 18th Great Minds will have daily Eureka Math videos for students to watch!  I am so excited to share this information with my students. Other free online platforms such as Khan Academy, Prodigy, and Zearn offer ways for students to sharpen their math skills.  You can assign lessons to students on all three platforms.


Students are also able to access Wonders from home. In addition to having students read text on Wonders, I will have students read books on GetEpic.com.  The website is currently offering free access to students. Additionally, storytimefromspace.com has videos of astronauts reading books to students.  

Then there is this amazing list of educational companies offering free subscriptions that has been circulating on Facebook.  The list keeps getting bigger every day and has some great resources on it.  


www.amazingeducationalresources.com


I will continue to use Google Classroom to communicate with my students.  Here I can post assignments, quizzes, and announcements. I can also upload videos and links.  We have been asked by my principal to call all of our families this week to get an update. I love this idea and I will also use Google Classroom to check in with my students daily.   


In the next few weeks, we will be teaching students in new and unfamiliar ways. Our students need us now more than ever to guide them.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you.  We are all in this together.  


Learning and Teaching with Grace,

Alina


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that comprehensive list of resources. I'm especially interested in Purple Mash. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Posts