Wednesday, March 18, 2020

At Home Professional Development

Hello everyone!  I want to send you an electronic hug and warm wishes for you and your loved ones.  As we are all well aware of, many of us are at home experiencing and grappling with "remote learning."  How is it going for you?

As I thought about what to offer readers on this month's blog entry, I realized that this sudden turn of events can be an opportunity for us to get to those books that we WERE going to read.  It seems like at every workshop, conference, or colleague recommendation, we collect a list of resource books that we begin to read but then stop because school/life happens!!  Sound familiar?

Well, I wanted to share with you my personal list of books that I want to get through during this time.  Plus it will help me "unplug" from the daily news feeds in order to stay focused!  I have decided to start with one book at a time and not feel rushed to get to all of them.  Please comment below which books YOU would recommend to others.

Do you have a book you could recommend?  Comment below and leave the title!

Another item I would like to share with you, is an article I found interesting from our teacher colleagues in China.


Please read the article and comment down below any thoughts on the matter.  

Lastly, please take care of yourself.  Teachers are nurturers and caregivers.  You would have not selected this profession if you weren't.  However, WE also need the care we so often give selflessly to so many members of our school community.  Calm.com is offering many resources such as music and landscape sounds that will relax you if you are feeling anxious.  Follow the link:


Happy Writing!
Gustavo Macuil

1 comment:

  1. I found that article extremely helpful and informative. Thank you Gus!

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Posts