Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Teachers Need Other Teachers

        Teachers Need Other Teachers

Image result for teamwork pictures
Have you ever made a decision and then thought to yourself… “Why did I just do that?” I have had many moments like this and just in May I had decided I was going to leave the Spotlight Team to go back to school to get my BCLAD. My heart was set on it, informed the directors of my decision, and I was ready to start a new chapter in my life. As I went home, after making my decision, I began to have mixed feelings. I wanted to go back to school, but not because a BCLAD was a certification I had been wanting, more so because I wanted the extra money in my paycheck with the educational units added to my degree. As I sat in my home waiting for my husband and daughters to get home, I knew I didn’t want to miss out on any special events at school, I wanted to be at the sports/dance events that my daughters would participate in, and I wanted to be there for my husband as he coached another year of High School wrestling.

Together we make a BIG difference!

As my heart beat a little more each time and my mind was putting my priorities in order, I also realized I didn’t want to leave a great group of teachers that I had begun to know and work with. At El Camino, I have wonderful colleagues that are there to comfort and help in any situation and now I had gone beyond my school boundaries and found district colleagues that would also be there to inspire me along my teaching journey. I pictured Lola Jollie’s smile and words that always brought warmth to my heart, I thought about meeting Gus Macuil and Kimberly Reza; their laughter and discussion for teaching truly inspired me and lit the flame, to my passion, a little brighter.

“Coming together is a beginning. 
Keeping together is progress. 
Working together is success."
~Henry Ford

My priorities quickly became clear… God is and always will be first in my life as He makes way for all things good that come from Him. My Family comes next; they are my heart and soul, the ones that keep that smile on my face, even when I’m down. Then comes Teaching; my dream and passion to help kids realize they are the key to change in the future. Interestingly enough, as I began teaching I met the best of friends that are still there for me in an instant. From them, I learned that it’s important to have amazing and positive colleagues to collaborate with. As we put our skills to work, sharing job responsibilities, and focused on the professional objective we soon realized healthy relationships were building; the stronger the relationship, the stronger the teamwork and the more effective we became.
So here I am again on the Spotlight Team. I have a great class. I see some obstacles ahead and things may be a mess at times, but because of this wonderful team I can honestly say that I have sunshine on rainy days, I have laughter when my joy is gone, and I have hope when I think all is lost. We need each other and I hope more of you OMSD shining stars get to know this amazing Spotlight Team that is not perfect by any means, we are just here opening our doors to collaborate and remind you that you are not alone… our goal is to help one another create positive learning environments for our students.

Live, Love, Teach,
Hilda Sanchez
    


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts