Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Let's Write!



Let’s Write!
In addition to loving to write, it is also a passion of mine to teach my students to write and get them to love to write.  As an educator, it is very important I teach my students that writing holds very special powers. Through the magic of writing, we can communicate, connect, and create.     



“But I’m not a good writer…” -Student


At the beginning of the school year I often hear students utter the words, “But I’m not a good writer.”  While other times, their faces say it all.  They are scared to write!  In order for me to help students love writing it is important for me to figure out why they don’t like it.  What struggles do my students face in writing?  Are they afraid to fail?  Are they uninterested?  As an educator, it is my job to get to the bottom of this so that I may help them gain the confidence they need to write.

#DontKeepCalmGetExcited!

How can we get our students excited to write?


My goal is to get students excited about writing.   To attain that goal I will always be looking for ways in which to engage students in the writing material.  Some questions I often ask myself throughout my reflection process are:
·        How can I make writing engaging?
·        How can I integrate purposeful talk and writing as
        learning tools for the development of writing?
·        What are some topics of high-interest?
·        How can I make writing meaningful?
·       What support and resources can I use to help students build  
        confidence in writing?

The more confident students are with their own writing skills, the more excited they will be about writing. I invite you to share this journey with me as I figure out different ways to get my students excited to write!  

Inspiring Minds,
Melissa Hernandez
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts