Friday, October 27, 2017

Quiz, Quiz, Trade by Maite McCraney



Quiz Quiz Trade!
Cooperative learning strategies are essential to creating a purposeful classroom environment. With that in mind, I wanted to bring QUIZ QUIZ TRADE into my classroom. In a nutshell, Quiz Quiz trade is a quick way to assess if students have mastered a learning objective. I tried the strategy QUIZ QUIZ TRADE to review multiple meaning words, and the students took the bait, in other words, they loved it!



 
Implementing Quiz Quiz Trade into your classroom will engage every student in your classroom. The students will practice the standard multiple times while interacting with multiple students. They will also learn to take turns, self-correct one another, and praise each other for their effort.


“Ok, guys take out your reading books and we will read the next story.” Students comply, but there is not much enthusiasm. The teacher tries to make it as fun as possible and use post-it notes to take notes. They partner share and use round robin to talk about the plot. sometimes learning has to be quiet and students need to sit still and read. I have been at that place in a lesson and I bet you have too.
 Other times teachers say, “Alright, we are going to play a game called Quiz Quiz Trade.” The students squeal “YESSSSSS!” They are EXCITED to learn and who doesn’t like a game? They pop out of their seats! Quiz Quiz Trade is a strategy that I have implemented in my room and I can see every level of learner in my classroom reading, smiling, and LEARNING!

Quiz Quiz Trade Video

Implement Quiz Quiz Trade in your classroom and you will witness all students engaged, accountable, learning, and having fun simultaneously.


Quiz Quiz Trade might require a little bit of structure, prepping, and planning, but seeing your students learn will give you a sense of pride and accomplishment! I couldn’t believe the amount of engagement from my students who are reading under 10 words per minute, to my students who are reading above grade level! I was meeting the needs of all my students.
Keep running the race and set a new personal goal!
Maite McRaney 2nd Grade Mission









No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts