Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Quick Guide: Assigning a Specific Lesson on iReady

 


For the past four weeks, I have been assigning one teacher 'assigned lesson' to my students through the iReady Math program.

I realized that I could use the iReady Math program to offer further support for my students of skills I teach in class that need further reinforcement.  And I could also use the iReady Math program to give students some exposure to skills I have not taught that may be easy to 'quickly' learn on their own ahead of CAASPP.

I choose my lessons carefully so that I am supporting students and not supplanting the purpose of what iReady Math was intended for by the District.  I first preview the iReady Math Lesson by taking the quiz associated with the lesson to ensure that the lesson is not covering something that will be to difficult.  I then assign it to my classes.  And then I verify that a student has not already passed the lesson - if they have, then I unassign it to them.

Here is a quick video of me doing this:


Guide to Assigning a Lesson on iReady


I hope this helps and gives you ideas of how to further use the iReady program in your individual classrooms.


Please during these difficult times, give yourself grace and if you have given yourself grace, then give yourself more.



Kevin Stott                                    

De Anza Middle School                

Math 7/ Math 8/ Integrated Math I



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Posts